Just thought I'd share this with all of Sheena's friends - the following are the selections we've read over the last few months for the "McDermott Women's Book (and Wine) Club":
1. Nov 9: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
2. Dec. 7: The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
3. Jan 11: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
4. Feb 8: Postcards by E. Annie Proulx
5. March 7: What is the What by Dave Eggers
6. March 28: The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
7. April 18: Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
8. TBD: Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
We've had a great time discussing these - some more so than others. Please note not all of these were endorsed by Sheena - she recommended 1, 4, 6 & 7 (and full disclosure - she HATED 2).
She asked that we keep the book club going after she was going, so I will continue to post the additional books for those interested.
We all miss her greatly.